- Motivated, self-directed individual capable of executing assigned tasks and solving problems in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to provide project level leadership
- Participate in relevant trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Develop professional sales presentations tailored to the potential customer needs requirements.
- Design fluid and pneumatic control circuits
- Calculate pneumatic and fluid pressure drop and flow rates
- Create plan views, elevation and cross sections of system and equipment layouts
- Design mechanical assemblies and detail parts of assemblies for manufacture
- Create bill of materials
- Create work orders and/or purchase requests for manufacturing of assemblies and systems
- Release engineering drawings, material and mechanical designs
- Establish effective internal global communications regarding customers, products and services in order to maximize engineering and sales effectiveness
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other departments / Dürr divisions to ensure good communication with each OEM
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or 5 years of equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of experience in industrial or automotive paint shops with automated systems is a must.
- Capable of hands-on work
- A minimum of four years proposing and engineering low and high viscosity systems into OEM customers preferred.
- In-depth understanding of piping flow calculations, fluid dynamics, heat exchanger calculation and the willingness to grow the skillset. Dürr to provide additional training via international competence teams.
- Proficiency creating utility load estimations in the sales phase and detailed utility load calculation in the project phase (compressed air and flushing materials)
- Familiarity with industrial materials including paint and high/low viscosity sealers and adhesives
- Knowledge in material supply products such as pumps, regulators and heat exchangers
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with application engineering and operations groups relative to the application of products and execution of projects is desirable
- Creativity and attention to detail needed to develop project bid alternates unique to Dürr that provide a competitive advantage using Dürr products
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Siemens NX, Solidworks and/or Microsoft Visio
- Proven ability to engineer mechanical assemblies and detail parts of assemblies for manufacture.
- Know-How in creating bid packages for mechanical subcontractors in sales and project phases
- Experience with SAP and/or other Engineering Data Management systems is preferred
- Capable of reading and creating mechanical engineering drawings and tolerance blocks
- Knowledge of RIA 15.06, IEC, ATEX, NFPA, ANSI & OSHA standards
- Spanish and/or German language skills preferred.
This position requires moderate travel, roughly 20%. Travel can be overnight, but may occasionally occur during the business day, and can be both local and international.